June 20, 2016
House Manager Needed!
Road Less Traveled Productions, a not-for-profit 501c3 theatre organization is looking for a part-time House Manager for its upcoming 2016-2017 season (September – May).
Shifts include: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 6:45pm-9:45pm and Sundays: 1:15pm-4:15pm (during the run of a production).
Position will be shared amongst two candidates working two days per week.
The Road Less Traveled Theater is located in downtown Buffalo at 500 Pearl St. (Corner of Pearl & Tupper).
Specific responsibilities of the house manager include:
- Overseeing front-of-house operations (making sure patrons enter the theater space and are seated safely and in a timely manner prior to performances.
- Assisting with wheelchair access.
- Management of lobby restrooms (stock, garbage, etc).
- Directing the cast, crew, and audience members in the event of an emergency.
- Enforcing theater policies.
Prior to a performance, the house manager will:
- Observe audience seating areas and remove any obstacles or debris.
- When deemed appropriate, in consultation with the stage manager, the lobby bar and the box office, open the house to the audience.
- Keep an accurate count of audience members. All audience members must have a seat; absolutely no standees are allowed in. Only the house manager is permitted to stand.
- Resolve problems that arise due to disorderly or unruly audience members, calling police if necessary.
- In the event of a sold-out house, additional people must be turned away. No seats may be added beyond those that have been previously approved by the fire inspector.
- Once the audience is settled indicate to the stage manager that the show may proceed.
- Throughout the performance remain aware of the theater audience in order to respond appropriately and in a timely way to any issue or emergency that may arise.
- After intermission ensure the audience is settled and all aisles are clear before indicating to the stage manager that the performance may resume.
- At the end of the performance be sure all audience members have cleared the house.
- At the end of the performance make sure to walk the house and remove any items audience members may have left behind.
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified
- Must have own transportation
- Must have a knowledge of the theatre/theatrical events
- Must have great customer service experience
- Must have attention to detail
Please send cover letter & resume to Road Less Traveled Productions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail at PO Box 542, Buffalo NY 14205.