Buffalo Young Writers
Each year, RLTP encourages students in the Western New York area to unleash their inner playwright! The Buffalo Young Writers (BYW) contest solicits ten-minute plays from young playwrights – and offers one talented playwright the opportunity to win $200 and a full production of their short play at the Road Less Traveled Theater! Four runners-up receive readings of their play and ten free tickets to the Road Less Traveled Theater, to be used for admissions to Mighty Taco Talkback Thursday performances throughout RLTP’s regular season.
The production of the Grand Prize winning play and the runner-up readings are presented each May at Buffalo Young Writer Night – a celebration of these talented young playwrights.
Road Less Traveled Productions presents its 5th Annual
BUFFALO YOUNG WRITERS 10 MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
We are asking students to submit a 10 minute play of their own with the following guidelines:
· Playwrights must be between 15 and 23 years of age and presently enrolled in high school or college IN WESTERN NEW YORK.
· There is no admission fee – yes, it is FREE to enter.
· Submissions must be no longer than twelve pages.
· Submissions must be will only be accepted electronically, via e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Microsoft Word Doc or PDF format.
* Please also download and complete the SUBMISSION RELEASE FORM (below), save, and submit via e-mail with your play!
· DEADLINE EXTENDED! Deadline for submissions is Monday, 3/20/2014 at 12:01 pm EST.
· Winners will be announced at the first Mighty Taco Talkback Thursday performance of An Iliad on Thursday, March 27th, 2014. Student admission is only $5 and includes a coupon for $3 off your next Mighty Taco purchase!
Grand Prize Winner will be awarded: $200 plus a one-year paid membership to the Dramatists Guild of America, along with a one-night only professionalp roduction of their play at the Road Less Traveled Theater (courtesy of Road Less Traveled Productions) on Wednesday, May 21st, 2014 (featuring a professional WNY director and professional actors).
Four Runners-Up will also receive: A one-night only professional staged reading and ten free tickets to any Thursday night performance of An Iliad or Race!
For any questions in regards to this contest, please email Jon Elston at email@example.com!
Buffalo Young Writers Night 2014 : Wednesday May 21st
7:30 pm at The Road Less Traveled Theater
(cash/check only – no credit cards)
Caitlin McAneney, Just Enough
Katherine Boswell, Making The Connection
Hillary Hamp, Kind Of Like Pigeons
Megan Kemple, Killing It
Marina Laurendi, Cars, Teens, And Other Hazards
Jon Zelasko, Enjoy It
Stefan Brundage, I’m Okay; or: When The Night Has Come
Megan Kemple, The Rules
Caitlin McAneney, Second Love
Courtney Ricigliano, The Unseen
Taylor Zito, The Sonambulists
Caitlin McAneney, Ashes Of Emeralds
Josh Boyle, Points For Moxy
Stefan Brundage, Courtney Gerou, Maria Pavlov, and Ashley Vizzini,
In The Blink Of An Eye
Roy Golia, I’m On The Couch
Justin Mitchell Krall, Post-Horror
Jon Zelasko, James